Who funded the trail?
- The trail has been funded by the River District Development Foundation of Merrill who have worked to secure grants and by donations from companies, organizations and individuals with a vision for Merrill.
What is the greatest need for the trail?
- Progress on the trail is determined by the amount of funds raised. Priorities are to continue the trail to the east and west and make the River Bend Trail a reason for people to come to Merrill.
How do I get to the trail?
- The trail can be accessed from the main trailhead located at the end of South Park Street, from the east at the corners of Cooper and Logan Sts., from Polk Street behind Weinbrenners and from the west by the bridge on West Main St. near Cottage St. Parking is available at the trailhead and by Weinbrenner’s Outlet Store.
How long is the trail?
- The River Bend Trail entire route is 5.4 miles.
Can motorized vehicles be on the trail?
- All motorized vehicles are prohibited from the trail except for those needed by people with a disability.
Is the trail open in winter?
- Enjoy the River Bend Trail in winter. Snow is removed on part of the trail for walking.
Can I bring my dog on the trail?
- Yes you can bring dogs on the trail. We do ask that you pick up after your dog. There are two doggie waste dump stations on the trail for your convenience.
Can we do community events on the trail?
- Events can be held on the trail, but the Merrill Park and Recreation Department should be notified to ensure your event doesn’t coincide with another event.
How do I rent the Agra Pavilion?
- To reserve the Agra Pavilion at the River Bend Trail, call the Parks and Recreation office at 715-536-7313 to check available dates.
Are donations being accepted for the Trail?
- Donations for lighting and other amenities for the trail are being accepted. You can contact Sarah Williams email@example.com or the Merrill Chamber Office for more information.
When will the trail be finished?
- There is no definite timeline for finishing the trail. Again it depends on funds raised. There are plans in the works to continue the trail from County Road W to Council Grounds and beyond.
What is the difference between Friends of the Trail and donors to the trail?
- Donors give a donation to be used by the River District Development Foundation for the trail or for a specific use on the trail. Friends of the River Bend Trail is an active/working group and members pay an annual or lifetime fee to belong. (see how to join under the Friends of the Trail tab)